- This topic is empty.
- November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm #2634Brenda CampbellGuest
The Golden Spruce
A True Story of Myth, Madness, and Greed
by John Vaillant
- Language: english
- Awards: Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Prize Nominee (2006), Governor General’s Literary Awards / Prix littéraires du Gouverneur général for Nonfiction (2005), Kiriyama Prize Nominee for Nonfiction (2006), Roderick Haig-Brown Regional Prize (2006), British Columbia National Award for Canadian Non-Fiction Nominee (2006)
- Author: John Vaillant
- Format: paperback, 288 pages
- Release date: May 17, 2006
- Publisher: W. W. Norton Company
- Genres: history, nature, environment, canada, science, biography, adventure
- ISBN: 9780393328646 (0393328643)
About The Book
When a shattered kayak and camping gear are found on an uninhabited island in the Pacific Northwest, they reignite a mystery surrounding a shocking act of protest. Five months earlier, logger-turned-activist Grant Hadwin had plunged naked into a river in British Columbia’s Queen Charlotte Islands, towing a chainsaw. When his night’s work was done, a unique Sitka spruce, 165 feet tall and covered with luminous golden needles, teetered on its stump. Two days later it fell.
As vividly as John Krakauer puts readers on Everest, John Vaillant takes us into the heart of North America’s last great forest.
Hardback The Golden Spruce buy cheap. MP3 ebook The Golden Spruce by John Vaillant read online on iPad on Kobo. EPUB book The Golden Spruce.
Online The Golden Spruce John Vaillant download PocketBook on Booktopia. TXT book The Golden Spruce by John Vaillant buy for Mac. FictionBook ebook The Golden Spruce on Audible.