- This topic is empty.
- December 12, 2020 at 7:08 pm #4520John AmmermanGuest
God Bless the Child
by Billie Holiday, Arthur Herzog III, Jerry Pinkney
- Release date: December 23, 2003
- Format: hardcover, 32 pages
- Genres: music, poetry, historical, childrens, cultural
- Author: Billie Holiday, Arthur Herzog III, Jerry Pinkney
- Publisher: Amistad
- Language: english
- Awards: Coretta Scott King Book Award for Illustrator Honor (2005)
- ISBN: 9780060287979 (0060287977)
About The Book
“Mama may have, Papa may have, But God bless the child That’s got his own! That’s got his own.”The song “God Bless the Child” was first performed by legendary jazz vocalist Billie Holiday in 1939 and remains one of her enduring masterpieces. In this picture book interpretation, renowned illustrator Jerry Pinkney has created images of a family moving from the rural South to the urban North during the Great Migration that reached its peak in the 1930s. The song’s message of self-reliance still speaks to us today but resonates even stronger in its historical context. This extraordinary book stands as a tribute to all those who dared so much to get their own.
Hardcover ebook God Bless the Child download on PocketBook on Walmart. TXT God Bless the Child Billie Holiday buy cheap. EPUB book God Bless the Child. Paperback God Bless the Child by Billie Holiday read online Mac on Audible. MOBI ebook God Bless the Child Billie Holiday download on IndieBound.