- This topic is empty.
- November 14, 2020 at 9:28 pm #2522Jessica MahanGuest
Racing the Moon
by Alan Armstrong, Tim Jessell
- Author: Alan Armstrong, Tim Jessell
- ISBN: 9780375958892 (0375958894)
- Genres: fiction, adventure, juvenile, action, novels, historical
- Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
- Language: english
- Release date: June 26, 2012
- Format: hardcover, 224 pages
About The Book
An adventurous new work from Newbery Honor-Winning author, Alan Armstrong.
In the spring of 1947, outer space was an unexplored realm. But eleven year-old Alexis (Alex) Heart and her impulsive brother, Chuck, believe that the stars are within reach. In the midst of building their own rocket, Alex befriends Captain Ebbs, and an army scientist who is working to create food for future space travelers, and who is also a descendent of Captain John Smith. Alex soon introduces Chuck to her new friend, and the trio’s shared interest in space travel sets off a series of adventures that the three will never forget. From meeting pioneering German rocket scientist Dr. Wenher von Braun, and a thrilling sailing trip down the Potomac to an island on the Chesapeake where a top secret rocket launch is about to take place, Alex and Chuck are about to have their lives forever changed.
Paperback book Racing the Moon iPad. MP3 Racing the Moon by Alan Armstrong download on Bookshop. FB2 ebook Racing the Moon buy on Audible. FictionBook Racing the Moon Alan Armstrong read for PocketBook.