- This topic is empty.
- November 16, 2020 at 5:38 pm #2751Beverly CampbellGuest
Connecting Through the Space Between Us
by Lynne McTaggart
- ISBN: 9781439157947 (1439157944)
- Publisher: Atria Books
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 304 pages
- Genres: spirituality, psychology, science, philosophy, health, metaphysics, relationships
- Release date: April 19, 2011
- Author: Lynne McTaggart
About The Book
For centuries, Western science and many Western cultures have taught us to think of ourselves as individuals. But today, a revolutionary new understanding is emerging from the laboratories of the most cutting-edge physicists, biologists, and psychologists:
What matters is not the isolated entity, but the space between things, the relationship of things. The Bond.
By international bestselling author Lynne McTaggart, The Bond is the culmination of her groundbreaking work. It offers a completely new, scientific story of life and the human experience, one that challenges the very way we conceive of ourselves and our world. The Bond shows that the essential impulse of all life is a will to connect rather than a drive to compete.
In fact, we are inescapably connected, hardwired to each other at our most elemental level — from cells to whole societies. The desire to help others is so necessary that we experience it as one of our chief pleasures, as essential as eating and having sex, and we succeed and prosper only when we see ourselves as part of a greater whole. Every conflict that occurs — whether between husband and wife, social or racial groups, or nations — is resolved only when we can fully see and embrace the space — the bond — between us.
McTaggart offers detailed recommendations to help foster more holistic thinking, more cooperative relationships, and more unified social groups. Blending interviews and human stories into an absorbing narrative, she shows how:
• A simple daily practice conditions the brain to enable you to become more empathetic toward others
• A new way of speaking and listening can overcome polarization, helping the staunchest of enemies to become close friends
• People who fire together wire together: Whenever a group works together for a common goal, the brains of all parties begin to get on the same wavelength, strengthening the bond within the group
• Fairness is more powerful than unfairness: A small group of individuals committed to strong reciprocity can “invade” a population of self-interested individuals and create a fairer society
The Bond offers a breathtaking, visionary plan for a new way to live, in harmony with our true nature and with each other, and a new way to heal our relationships, our neighborhoods, and our world.
Hardcover book The Bond download on Android. MP3 The Bond by Lynne McTaggart buy cheap on Books-a-Million. FB2 ebook The Bond Lynne McTaggart iPhone on Walmart. Paperback ebook The Bond read.
PDF The Bond on Amazon. FictionBook book The Bond Lynne McTaggart read online for Kindle. TXT book The Bond by Lynne McTaggart download on Kobo. Hardback ebook The Bond buy on reader.