- This topic is empty.
- December 12, 2020 at 4:55 pm #4513Carol AmmermanGuest
by Fred Herzog, Claudia Gochmann, Felix Hoffmann
- Format: hardcover, 191 pages
- ISBN: 9783775728119 (3775728112)
- Author: Fred Herzog, Claudia Gochmann, Felix Hoffmann
- Awards: Roderick Haig-Brown Regional Prize Nominee (2012), Bill Duthie Booksellers’ Choice Award Nominee (2008)
- Release date: April 28, 2011
- Genres: photography, art, canada
- Places: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Publisher: Hatje Cantz
- Language: english
About The Book
In 1952, Fred Herzog (born 1930) emigrated from Germany to Canada, and quickly found work as a medical photographer in Vancouver. But outside the lab, Herzog also devoted himself to what was, at the time, an unusual and even frowned-upon medium, at least artistically: color photography. Laboring away as a virtually anonymous pioneer in this field, some 20 years before William Eggleston’s watershed show at the Museum of Modern Art, Herzog was quietly documenting in rich Kodachrome the streets of Vancouver: its supermarkets, gas stations, bars, urban scenery and above all its working class culture. Herzog used slide film to make his photographs, which limited his ability to exhibit them and further marginalized his work; but in recent decades, happily, this color pioneer has drawn great acclaim, and this volume, the largest Herzog monograph yet published, does marvelous justice to his rich oeuvre.
Online book Photographs for Mac on IndieBound. FictionBook Photographs Fred Herzog download. EPUB ebook Photographs buy cheap Kindle on Dymocks. MOBI book Photographs by Fred Herzog read online. MP3 ebook Photographs Fred Herzog buy.